What is Integrative Therapy?
Think of it as a blend of different therapy approaches rolled into one. It's like having a toolbox filled with various therapeutic techniques that can be customized to fit your unique needs.
Lisa's compassionate and skillful approach draws from different modalities, such as Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral therapy (CBT), Emotional Freedom therapy (EFT), Mindfulness Meditation and more.
One of the key benefits to integrative counseling is the recognition that each person is unique, with their own experiences, strengths, and challenges. By combining different treatment modalities, Lisa can address a wide range of issues, whether you're struggling with anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, grief, trauma or any other life obstacles.
Also called, telehealth or telemedicine, offers several benefits compared to traditional in-person therapy such as:
• Convenience and flexibility in scheduling appointments, as sessions can be conducted from the comfort on one's home or any other preferred location.
• Increased privacy - some feel more comfortable discussing sensitive or personal topics from the privacy of their own space.
• Expanded choice of therapists as individuals are not limited by location. This allows for working with therapists, within their state of residency, who specialize in their specific needs or align with their preferences, increasing the likelihood of finding the right fit.
• Reduced social anxiety - engaging in therapy through a screen can create a sense of distance and safety, enabling individuals to express themselves more openly.
• Time efficiency - online therapy eliminates the need for travel time, waiting rooms, and potential delays. This allows therapists to accommodate more clients and may result in shorter wait times for appointments.
It is important to note that while online therapy does offer numerous benefits, it may not be suitable for everyone or all mental health conditions.
Contact Lisa to determine if online therapy is the right choice for you.